MACsec SDK is a modular, portable software implementation of the IEEE 802.1AE. MACsec SDK delivers standards-based Layer 2 network integrity and confidentiality. Elbrys MACsec SDK implements Advanced Encryption Standard, Galois Counter Mode (AES-GCM) crypto-library, and is intended to handle moderate data-rate applications.
- Implements pre-shared keys. Distinct, derived, and shared are used for each secure association.
- Portable to different OS and common-code environments. Primary reference – X86 Linux platform.
- Supports management sub-systems: CLI, SNMP and Web-based interfaces – common management backpane.
- Standards-based reference design
- Extensible API framework
- Reduce development costs, time to market and hardware testing